Like all writers, I’m always on the lookout for ways to boost my platform. Lately, I’ve been pondering a podcast.
I’d really like to know what all of you think. And while I don’t have all the details worked out, here is what I’ve come up with.
- The podcast – like my blog – would be filled with snark, sass, and sarcasm. The content would be original material. I wouldn’t sit in front of a microphone and read one of my blog posts.
2. I wouldn’t interview anyone – unless a jar of mayonnaise or dust bunny counts. But I do have three children so it’s entirely possible one of them might interrupt my podcast and ask me to wipe their butt, or for a snack, or something.
3. And because I know how much everyone loves seeing my memes insult me, I’ll have sound bytes of an audience booing me in the background. But since I have to get some joy/ego boost out of having a podcast, there will also be the occasional sound byte of an audience applauding as well.
4. To make it easier for everyone, the podcast will be shared on my blog so my readers don’t have to go to a different website to hear it. But, I’ll also make sure it’s available for download on iTunes and whatever other platforms podcasts are available on.
I do need a little help getting started. So, in addition to wanting your opinions on whether or not I should give a podcast a try, I’d also like some feedback on the tagline.
The title of the podcast will be Snark, Sass, & Sarcasm – just like my blog. But for the tagline I was thinking of something snarky like:
- Unfiltered – like coffee grinds in your mug
- Another day of chaos.
- I can’t find my shoes and other lies my children tell me.
And then, of course, there’s the thumbnail image I’d like to use as the blog icon. Here’s what I have:
I really like the microphone because – as far as a podcast is concerned – it’s boring, unoriginal and cliche. Just like me.
But then I started to think that maybe I should shake things up a bit. Maybe my podcast icon should be more fun – like a microphone hanging from the ceiling of filthy, disorganized kitchen or living room. Pretty much any room in my house would’ve qualified but I chose not to take pictures of my house because I don’t want my mother to know how I actually live when she’s not visiting. So I found this next image online.
I think it’s a little too big to use. But I love the background.
That’s about it. Tell me your thoughts in the comments.
Have a great weekend!