Sometimes I write letters to Ellen DeGeneres. No particular reason. Just because I can.
I have the most exciting news ever! I’ve been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award by my fellow blogger friend, Spouting Stuff! I found out when I was reading this blog post. As honored as I am to be nominated for this award, I had no idea what it was. When digging around the Internet, it seems like it’s a nice way for fellow bloggers to tell someone how much they enjoy reading the nominated blogger’s posts. So thank you, Spouting Stuff, for nominating me.
According the rules I have to do the following:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you. – Done!
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
Here are the questions I have to answer:
- If you could trade lives with one person, who would it be and why?
My cat. I’d love to be able to sleep all day and have my belly rubbed without having to worry about paying bills.
- Would you rather pass a kidney stone everyday for the rest of your life…. or…. have pink eye for eternity?
I have two toddlers. Pink eye is more likely in my future than a kidney stone.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? (There’s a catch… you can never return home. Choose wisely.)
Australia. FYI – My mother would never approve of that catch.
- If you could take a ride in the old time-machine and meet one person, who would it be and why?
Probably a younger version of myself. That way I could scream at younger me and say, “Don’t be such a dipshit!” and “Don’t go down that road. Trust me, it doesn’t end well.”
- Would you rather be stuck in an elevator for 10 consecutive hours… or… be stuck in a boring meeting for 10 straight hours? Why?
Either. I’m a writer. I spend 2/3 of my life living in a fantasy world so it doesn’t really matter where I’m physically located. Odds are good, I’m not paying attention anyway.
Now here’s the part where I nominate other bloggers and ask them a series of questions. I hope they forgive me.
My nominees are:
Problems with Infinity
If any of my nominees have already been nominated and don’t want to participate again – I’m good with that. Now here are the questions that I borrowed from My Random Randomness.
- If you could be any superhero, who would you be?
- What’s the most unusual conversation you’ve ever had with an appliance or piece of furniture?
- Name one insect or reptile that would make you scream in fear.
- What’s the most annoying status update you’ve ever read on Facebook?
- Name one movie you’ve seen that you NEVER want to see or hear about again?
That’s all for today, Ellen!